Germaine-A new French Needle Maid Book kit created by Access Commodities
Germaine Kit with fabric
Today we are presenting the 3rd addition to the series of French Needle Maid Needle Books from Access Commodities. Designed by Roberta Chase, these are complete kits that take the embroiderer step by step including the finishing instructions to complete the design. The first two in the series were Margeaux and Nichole. See our blog post from 6 August 2009.
Contents of Germaine French Needle Maid Book Kit
This kit uses our Legacy Linen, Tea Rose, Au Ver A Soie®, Soie d‘Alger and Soie Perlee with a coordinating 19th century French documentary fabric. Dainty cotton satin ribbon and Mother of Pearl buttons are included as well.
Each kit in the series is designed to add another finishing technique to the user’s repertoire. For example, there is a tiny scissor fob to be made in the coordinating fabric to attach a pair of scissors. While the scissors that are pictured are not included in the kit, they are Item # ACC 1582, Petite Stainless Steel Scissors, part of our Accoutrements product line.
Inside Germaine-French Needle Maid Book
One of the most interesting things relating to French Needle Maid kits can be observed on the Needlenthread.com blog written by Mary Corbet. She has been working on the Nichole kit, but to our astonished delight she is making it her own! Instead of cross stitching the monogram she is embroidering one, and is doing a beautiful job. http://www.needlenthread.com/2009/12/needlebook-kit-back.html As she stitches, she reports on the rewards and challenges of the project as she makes decisions in a very thoughtful way.
If you have purchased one of these kits and completed it, let us know your comments!
Here is a list of shops that presently stock them:
- Arizona - The Attic Needlework, Mesa, AZ | Phone: 480-898-1838
- California - Thread Garden, Ventura, CA | Phone: 805-898-1838
- Illinois - Welcome Stitchery, Crystal Lake, IL | Phone: 815-455-5470
- Maryland-Salty Yarns, Ocean City, MD | Phone: 410-289-4667
- North Carolina-Mad Sampler, Yadkinville, NC | Phone: 336-499-5632
- New Jersey - Where Victoria's Angel Stitch, Clifton, NJ Phone: 972-778-9827
- Oregon - Acorns & Threads, Portland, OR | Phone: 503-292-4457
- Texas - 3 Stitches, Spring, TX | Phone: 281-320-0133
- Stitches in Time, Houston, TX | Phone: 713-975-9778
- Utah - Shepherd’s Bush, Ogden, UT | Phone: 801-399-4546
- Washington - Threadneedle Street, Issaquah, WA Phone: 425-491-0528
New releases in this series will be featured in this blog when available.
Recently Posted Comments